Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Systematic harassment

Customer Question
Systematic harassment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What can you tell me about your situation and what questions do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to tell you all the details but I am afraid to write everything here . Does my post view by anyone ? Or you only view it

Once our conversation has ended, I can block it so no one else will be able to view it.

And I don't need a lot of specific details, or names. Just a general idea of what's happening to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

You're welcome. What help do you need?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
regarding two individuals try to deny for the store manager sick leaf. First try to refuse his dick call , 2nd forcing him to go to work while holding the Doctor note ,& 3rd refusing to give additional time off since he has pain and when all attempt did work for them since he provide a valid Doctor note finally they change their tactic and while he is away for a week because of sikness they were digging the store to find faults which the employee feels it is a systematic harassment under the cover of the company policy. Finally they wait until his Doctor sick note ends & they set him up by calling him and told him that he will be given additional time of by approving his vacation but he was told to go to the store in person even though he repetedly told them that he can move hi arm and wanted to stay home. The person who master mind this is RSD Shawn (immediate manager of the employee) and collaborating with his boss DSD Allen. Below I am going to type what happened from the start :-

That sounds awful. Does the manager have a disability or ongoing medical condition? How many employers does the store have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the store has 1 employee only me and i had all that much stress on e since the did not give me enough budget to staff my store i had to borrow 2 employee from other store....etc so much pain with this employee but first let me paste here everything i have been through and do your best judgement. let you know i am a hard working guy and i hate complain but their brutality made me to fight now. as we talk earlier please keep our conversation between me and you please prevent to view by others since i am writing everything as it happened including their name

Ok. I'm ready when you are, but I'm only going to be online for another 45 minutes. We may have to wrap things up tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 pages it doesn't go through,i tried 3 times. what shall do?

I don't need six pages of history. Just a basic overview, like I said earlier. I just have a few questions, and if you can answer them, I should be able to give you some direction:

• Do you have a disability or an ongoing medical condition?
  • Does the store have a written sick leave policy and if so, what is it?
  • How many employees work for this company within a 75 mile radius at all locations?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am feeling better now,no disability, the store sick policy under 3 days no doctor note if it is more than 3 days with the doctor note i can get paid from my sic hour. within 75 mile radius the company has more than 300 employees

Thank you. It sounds like this isn't an issue of disability discrimination then or an FMLA violation.

In order to bring a hostile work environment claim, an employee needs to be able to prove that his employer is targeting him (or allowing others to do so) because of his status as a member of a protected class: minority race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender. Do any of those apply to you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not have a proof to say right now but they did that to one senior manager a year ago.after they handy picked the new person from a diffeent race then they set her up and fired her,so it doesn't mean they won't do it again

If you have any reason to believe they're trying to fire you because of your race, document EVERYTHING. It's illegal for them to do that. You may be able to sue for reinstatement, back pay, and punitive damages plus attorney's fees. The fact that they did this before will count in your favor.

Did you have any other questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer