Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer has not reimbursed me cell phone and car

Customer Question
My employer has not reimbursed...
My employer has not reimbursed me for my cell phone and car expenses. $300.00.These amounts were a condition of my hire 2 years ago. He has however reimbursed the other employees working in the company. What should I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Taylor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I agree

Have you spoken with HR or your office manager about not being reimbursed properly?

if so, what has their response to the situation been?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Im the General Manager. One of the 3 company owners made the decision.

He made the decision that he was just going to stop paying you your cell phone/car expenses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He complained about a.couple of fuel.charges that were also included in my reimbursment report. I justified the expenses. I guess that he disagreed and consequently paid nothing

I would recommend talking with HR about the situation or possibly the other company owners. It would likely not be worth any legal issues because the amount of damages would put you in small claims court. I think trying to work it out amicably with your bosses would be the best for recouping the money and keeping good graces at your office.

However, if they do not reimburse you for these things you are able to deduct them from your taxes.

Have you put your complaint in writing and given it to the company owner who decided to stop paying these expenses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will do that.
Thank you

I think a written complaint is the best place to start and then a call to HR to let them konw of the situation. Hopefully your company resolves the issues quickly with you! If you are satisfied with my answer, i would really appreciate a positive rating! Best of luck.

Taylor
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney