How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57751
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of rights does a part time employee have I was

Customer Question

what kind of rights does a part time employee have I was terminated for taking extended break while on break I received phone call, I have been with company 4 half years I feel I should of been suspended not terminated
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a right to challenge it and seek either a severance or reconsideration of the decision but only if they violated the law - which means they had to have discriminated against you, or violated a policy or practice of not taking such a severe action against you.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

My suggestion is having a lawyer reach out and use that to negotiate a settlement.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively.