Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a interview with unemployment on Friday morning about whether i can get benefits based on my employer stating...

Customer Question
I have a interview with...
I have a interview with unemployment on Friday morning about whether i can get benefits based on my employer stating misconduct
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was terminated for harassment. I took a picture of an employee and he told me to delete it and sarcastically said"what are you going to do about it?" I apologized and deleted it. And that was considered harassment and the next day I got terminated
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I was not warned of harassment before this happened. It was an isolated incident. I did not hurt the employer. It had no connection with business at work. It was poor judgement on my part
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/8/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

This is a very minor incident and based on the facts you have described there is still a strong possibility that you will get approved for benefits, typically speaking. You have cited the most important points in your question--that you were not previously warned, have no history of discipline or similar incidents, and your conduct did not injure the employer. Those are the most important things that the unemployment office typically looks at when evaluated whether the disqualify on grounds of misconduct. You simply want to emphasize these things, as well as the fact that you did not believe you were doing anything wrong. The chances of getting approved for benefits should be very good.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer