How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2174
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have worked in management construction companies years,

Customer Question

I have worked in management for trade construction companies for several years, but am unlicensed. I'm occasionally faced with clients who want to perform work on their businesses or homes. Can I solicit employment with a private business or individual as a construction manager/consultant per contract without being licensed as a general contractor even if I'm not doing any of the work, and if so are there any resources for developing an employment contract that identifies my role as a manager/consultant only?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
It is possible so long as you make it clear in your contract that your role is merely advisory as a consultant and I would encourage the customer to hire their own general contractor. As for a contract you can use resources like legalzoom or rocketlawyer but I would recommend taking the extra cost of hiring an attorney experienced with construction to draft a strong consultant agreement that addresses some of what I mentioned.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.