How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been terminated from an association illegally

Customer Question

I have been terminated from an association illegally according to association by-laws and policy. I am seeking to sue for defamation of character. There are over 16,000 members and I have been targeted because I disagree with the national Vice President. Looking to see if I have a case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

When you say "terminated" where you employed or is this a membership? Can you tell me who is defaming you - one person or many ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not employment I was terminated as member of a nation wide association that is incorporated
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So you were not "fired" from anything. You can sue for defamation. Defamation, of course, being an untruth which is disseminated as that absolute truth even though the person(s) telling the untruths as absolute truth know for well it is not the truth.

So if that is the case where absolute lies have been put out to the public as truth, then you would have a basis for defamation.