Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Does a not 503c organization have to file an eeo-1 report?

Customer Question
Does a not for profit...
Does a not for profit 503c organization have to file an eeo-1 report?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/3/2016
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. Below is the rule as to which private employers must file the EEO-1 form and the exceptions. You can read that for your guidance, but to summarize, since a 503(c) organization is subject to Title VII, then if they have more than 100 employees, they must file the form. If less, then they don't unless they are a part of a larger organization umbrella that combined would take them over 100 employees.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above (let me know if you don't see it), I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Standard Form 100 (EEO-1) must be filed by --

All private employers who are:

1. subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972) with 100 or more employees EXCLUDING State and local governments, primary and secondary school systems, institutions of higher education, Indian tribes and tax-exempt private membership clubs other than labor organizations;

OR

2. subject to Title VII who have fewer than 100 employees if the company is owned or affiliated with another company, or there is centralized ownership, control or management (such as central control of personnel policies and labor relations) so that the group legally constitutes a single enterprise, and the entire enterprise employs a total of 100 or more employees.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 3rd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer