How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife had life insurance thru her company.she was

Customer Question

My wife had life insurance thru her company.she was diagnosed with cancer. She fought for 16 months. The 1st 10 she worked enough to keep her health and life insurance with sixand vacation time she had built up. In Jan of last year she had to transfer to cobra insurance thru her company which we paid for. At time we did this we asked to keep her life insurance that she paid for in force and we would pay for it just like the cobra health insurance. They told us at her company we couldn't do this since it was part of the company plan only the cobra. This is insurance that she paid for out of her check. Since she passed on 7/02/16 I have had a number of people tell me they think that was not legal. ***** *****law
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

What was the amount of the life insurance policy and did you have a copy of the policy to review it for the terms that would terminate the policy if the person no longer employed with the company?