Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I'm not being "forced" to retire but the writing was on the

Customer Question

Hi -- I'm not being "forced" to retire but the writing was on the wall and it was better for me to elect to retire (age 58) than wait to be fired. Can I collect UI in Colorado?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. The most straightforward way I can explain it is as follows: if you can show that the reason you left your job is because the situation was such that you really couldn't do your job because of what others were doing then you may be able to make it out claim for unemployment. So, for example, if your boss was hostile to you or treated you differently than other employees thus forcing you to feel that you had no other choice but to quit you could effectively make out a claim for unemployment. Obviously that is not the only way but that is the best example I can give you. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything.

---

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if you have a follow up question or need me to clarify anything - all you have to do is ask and I'll be happy to respond. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.