Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was fired abandonment while on short term disability. I

Customer Question

I was fired for job abandonment while on short term disability. I was told that I was not eligible for FMLA because there were not enough at least 50 employees or an office within 75 miles.I live in Georgia but the company is based in Texas. I'm not sure how this fall as far as my legal rights.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Kisha,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Does the company have other employees in your area of GA?

2. How long have you been on disability?

3. Does the company have a disability policy regarding how long you can be out?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Thanks in advance,

Doug