Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have stock in American General. They claim they cannot

Customer Question
I have stock in American...
I have stock in American General. They claim they cannot find it. I have all the original paperwork. I have actively seeked to resolve this matter with no end in sight. Have gotten the run around from New York to Boston. The SEC sent me an email stating it is there. What must I do to resolve this.
Concerned and confused
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you ask the SEC if they could help in this? If so, did they do anything other than tell you it is there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Told me it was there...no other information provided

I don't know that the SEC has the power to order them to do anything else but your first step would be to ask them to help. If that doesn't work then the only step you have is to file a lawsuit against them. It would be in the form of a declaratory judgment action and you would need a lawyer that does civil litigation to handle it.

I'm curious as to how this came about. If you have the paperwork showing you own stock, how did this topic come up?

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer