How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint with the EEOC in 2011. I was harassed

Customer Question

I filed a complaint with the EEOC in 2011. I was harassed and persecuted so much that I quit working. The employer made threats of retaliation against me to the EEOC commission here in Houston. They threatened my life. The commission just gave me a right to sue letter. I did not find a lawyer, and did not sue that employer. I have been sick since then. I am still being harrassed and followed everywhere I go. It has been 5 years since I worked for that company but I believe they are funding the terrorist actions against me. I feel my life is in danger. I am a prisoner in my home. Is there anything that I can do legally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Carl,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As regards ***** ***** case you had, because you did not act on the right to sue letter within the time allowed, you have lost the ability to sue your former employer for discrimination.

As regards ***** ***** that you are receiving, all you can do is to notify the police or FBI each time you receive one of these threats and allow law enforcement to investigate the threats.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,