Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I worked from 1984-1994 in co. named Hexcel MCI a composit

Customer Question
materials AEROSPACE CO. in 1994...
I worked from 1984-1994 in co. named Hexcel MCI a composit materials AEROSPACE CO. in 1994 CO. did a reduce of personal in which I was affected. I'm a retired senior, I tried to contact H.R. to find out if I'm entiled to recived a pension for the years worked. so far I don't get any answer. my question is WHAT CAN I DO.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
5/30/2016
Employment Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

Are you certain that you were vested for a pension during the years that you worked there? Not all companies offer pensions and most companies who DO offer pensions require that you worked more than 20 years before a pension is available. Then, when you leave or are laid off, they would send you information on where your pension stands each year. However, there is no reason why they should not at least contact you to let you know whether or not there is a pension available and if you continue to get no answers, my suggestion is that you contact the US Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp -- they are a government agency that can help former employees track down lost or unclaimed pensions -- here is a link to their website -- http://www.pbgc.gov/

-

I hope that helps! Please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be paid for my time assisting you. Pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star is a positive rating above ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Hello again --

-

Do you have any further questions for me on this topic? If not, can you please press a positive rating above these chat boxes in the star rating section? I am paid NOTHING unless you press the middle star or the third or fourth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. Doing so will not cost you additional money -- it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you with this question. Otherwise, I am paid nothing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer