How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked from 1984-1994 in co. named Hexcel MCI a composit

Customer Question

I worked from 1984-1994 in co. named Hexcel MCI a composit materials AEROSPACE CO. in 1994 CO. did a reduce of personal in which I was affected. I'm a retired senior, I tried to contact H.R. to find out if I'm entiled to recived a pension for the years worked. so far I don't get any answer. my question is WHAT CAN I DO.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Are you certain that you were vested for a pension during the years that you worked there? Not all companies offer pensions and most companies who DO offer pensions require that you worked more than 20 years before a pension is available. Then, when you leave or are laid off, they would send you information on where your pension stands each year. However, there is no reason why they should not at least contact you to let you know whether or not there is a pension available and if you continue to get no answers, my suggestion is that you contact the US Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp -- they are a government agency that can help former employees track down lost or unclaimed pensions -- here is a link to their website --


I hope that helps! Please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be paid for my time assisting you. Pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star is a positive rating above ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --


Do you have any further questions for me on this topic? If not, can you please press a positive rating above these chat boxes in the star rating section? I am paid NOTHING unless you press the middle star or the third or fourth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. Doing so will not cost you additional money -- it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you with this question. Otherwise, I am paid nothing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH