Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I admitted to my doctor I got addicted to opiate pain meds

Customer Question

I admitted to my doctor I got addicted to opiate pain meds he prescribed me. He put me on a suboxone program he runs. He's requiring me to come weekly at 1:30 every Thursday or he will kick me out if his program. My full time job is ready to fire me because I must take half the day off weekly. Doctor says to bad. Either come or I'll withhold your medication and kick u off program. Can he legally do this?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

The doctor can do this. However, your employer must provide you with a reasonable accommodation for medical treatment. Unless you missing half a day of work would cause the company undue hardship meaning extreme financial burden, the accommodation must be offered.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.