Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Would like a telephone contact with question addressed to

Customer Question
Would like a telephone contact...
Would like a telephone contact with for law question addressed to Attorney Scotty Mac.
Hello, I have two questions at this time. I would like a phone contact for additional questions.
(1). What is the statue of limitations for a federal civil law suit (EEOC Suit) that has already been filed with a docket number?
(2) After a summons has been executed and the defendant has responded within the 21 day time frame, copies of the defendant's motion have been received by the plaintiff, pro se', then how much time is allowed for the plaintiff to submit a motion in response to the defendant before the judge makes a ruling?
Detail Required: HIGH
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2016
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. The site has asked me to see if I can assist you since the attorney you requested did not respond. Can you explain the situation?

Thank you for setting out the situation. The statute of limitations sets out the time period within which you would need to file a suit. If I am understanding you correctly you already filed. Is that correct?
The statute of limitations to file are located at
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I met the time line to file the complaint. I think I am in litigation now. There was a motion to the judge to allow an amended complaint before the statue of limitation expired. The motion was denied. That is why I need to know if the statue of limitation is for one or two years or until a judge makes a ruling.
I got you. You filed within the time period so you met the statute of limitations. Your case continues until the judge makes a ruling and after the ruling you have the right to appeal. So you have time. The judge's ruling starts the clock for appeal https://www1.eeoc.gov//federal/fed_employees/faq_hearing.cfm?renderforprint=1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about my second question?
I sets out the appeals process https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/fedprocess.cfm
As far as filing motions after the defendant submits a response you would be able to respond it file motions. Let me provide the link that sets out the time frames. You are also free to request more time if necessary.
20 days https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/process.cfm
Do you have any additional questions for me? Again I apologize that the attorney you requested was unavailable. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. I am going to see if I can find a helpful guide that sets out the procedures and tips in layman's terms.
https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/process.cfm. https://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/complaint_overview.cfm
http://www.ivancielaw.com/legal-guides/federal-employment-law-guides/eeoc-and-discrimination-law-guide/
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is going to be a minute before I can get to my material to ask something about my second question.
Everything is set out in the links. Also you can feel free to contact the EEOC directly as they will assist you with any questions that you may have. We are a general information site and pursuant to the terms of service of the site I am prohibited from providing legal advise. If you can tell me where you are located I can provide a link for attorneys that provide FREE consultations and would be able to advise you. Further each state has Pro Bono (free) attorneys that provide assistance. There are also legal aid organizations that hold clinics and could assist you with the process. I will provide some links for assistance in your state.
http://www.probono.net/ms/
https://www.justia.com/lawyers/employment-law/mississippi/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

Thank you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. You are always welcome to return to this page with follow up questions.

Just wanted to follow up with you. Do you have any additional or follow up questions?

You may not be aware that the site does not credit the attorneys for their work if the customer does not rate us positively. Thank you for your consideration.

Please ignore the premium services request.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney