Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Last Friday I was discharged from my job which I have been 9

Customer Question
Last Friday I was discharged...
Last Friday I was discharged from my job which I have been for almost 9 years, now in all this time I have never had one write up or incident in my file. I was told that they were initially just suspended me pending their investigation. I'm no fool so I asked point blank was I being fired, because if so no need to drag things out. Again I was told no, well this one on 5/17 and I was immediately suspended with pay. On 5/20 I received a call from corporate Human resources stating that they decided to separate my employment. I wasn't surprised however given my position with the company and having no previous issues I felt that was a bit harsh. This is because what they are accusing me of, which I did not deny is misappropriating a teamsters labor by having him perform a personal task for me while on the clock. What's strange is that this is and has always been past practices within our department and the company as a whole. My direct Boss amongst many of the other managers and supervisors do this on an almost daily basis. My direct boss is also best friends with our local Human Resource director that makes this all the more just flat out wrong. I was also told that I am not entitled to my severance package nor the annual bonus and that my ESOP would not be available until the end of the year. There is so much more to this but for now this is where i'm starting.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Hi, again and thank you for requesting me, If you think that they might get confused, then I would suggest that you keep the 2 issues separate. Send them your reply to their letter first. Then, in a separate letter, address the issue of vacation pay completely separate and apart from any other issues. Let me know if you need further clarification and I will be glad to explain further, Okay ? Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Kindest regards, ANDREA
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer is kinda vague, would it be best if I contacted the EEOC and the labor board about this, because the company seems to be pretty steadfast in their decision, and I don't want to be bantering back an forth.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer