Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer has placed me into a legacy pension plan when I

Customer Question
hired on from a...
My employer has placed me into a legacy pension plan when I hired on from a company I had worked for 15 years ago which this current company purchased 7 years after I had left and i had cashed my entire pension holdings. The reason for this question is this new company has a better plan and has labeled me as a "rehire" and has denied my request to be placed into their plan even though they have given me one of their payroll ID numbers instead of given me my prior employee number back as they have with others and only have provided me with paid time off equal to all new hires which no regard to ten years of prior service to the old company.
Does this process seem far?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
5/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

If you had vested and earned benefits, that needs to be honored and you may not be moved to an inferior plan. You can press for it by discussion with employer, lawyer discussion with lawyer, and if needed civil court action in state court.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks but the answer is not in life expectancy with the question. I will refer to a local lawyer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Btw, way frustrated with the bombardment of ads. ....

ok, if I can clarify anything, let me know. Happy to address whatever you need and am here all weekend.

Infolawyer, Lawyer