How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yeah just inquiring about time line to file a lawsuit

Customer Question

Yeah just inquiring about time line to file a lawsuit for wrongful termination in CA
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I talk to a law firm and signed papers for me approval to represent me and send a letters to HR informing and requesting documentation,time keeping records, among a few others. This was since Feb16 they never giving me any updates,I had to be the one calling them for status and questions regarding progress, all I received since then it's been 2 emails with attachments of the letters requesting the docs. But no calls regarding my others questions nothing, til this day I'm waiting to speak to the lawyers.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Zip. All they said was this is the 2nd notice were sending to ATT
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes I apply for UE and got my benefits denied I set up my hearing. It was the company's lawyer and site manager of the location I worked at, and me. I won my hearing got the previous decision overturned. Got the doc send by judge and facts of her decision. Available upon request.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
You have 2 years to file a wrongful termination case in California since the date of termination. Otherwise you will be prevented from filing a case due to the statute of limitations.Your should seek counsel through the California Employment Lawyers Association. here is a link to the website: website will provide you with good referrals.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.