How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a teacher in Grants NM. My contarct with the school

Customer Question

I am a teacher in Grants NM. My contarct with the school ends on 5/27/2016. I have to go to alsaka because my brother has bacterial menegitis and is in the ICU. i am paid on a 26 week pay cycle and should get 10 weeks worth of checks on friday but i wont be here. Can my eployer hold my checks or can they be released to my husband
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No... when can the lawyer see me? My flight leaves tomorrow at 3:30 can they do a phone consultation? Id there a charge for th einitial consultaion?
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No..... i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Customer,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. So long as you make arrangements with the school district, there is no reason that the checks cannot be physically handed over to your husband or even mailed to your residence. If you are leaving for a period of time, you also might want to consider providing your husband with a General Power of Attorney to act in your stead in financial dealings while you are out of state as well. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction. You also expresses a desire to have a phone call to discuss this and I will offer that to you as well in case you still want a call.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug