How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118108
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a U.S. citizen and I was working company overseas in

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a U.S. citizen and I was working for a company overseas in Saudi Arabia. I feel I was wrongful terminated on May 15, 2016. The company corporate headquarters is out of Hamilton Bermuda with offices located in Houston Tx, Canada, Alaska & Dubai. I have spoken with two different law firms in my area and even tho I may have a case they want take on case because of Title 7 clause. Would like to know where can I go to find a law firm that will handle my case. I live in Mississippi.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Because your employment took place overseas, what did your contract state about the law that applied to the contract and your employment, that is what is going to determine what law applies and where you could sue them? Title 7 applies to employment under US law, but not under foreign laws, so what does your contract state about the law that applies to your contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I don't recall signing a contract the papers that I signed was for my day rate and insurance for me and my family back in the U.S. and the Insurance company is located in the U.S. I was working offshore in Saudi Arabia for a Drilling company that's located world wide. My position was a Manager offshore on a work-over rig and they have a office based in Saudi.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So, if you signed everything in the US, you would seek to sue them in the state in the US where they are located, which is in Texas You would need a local employment law attorney in Texas who handles offshore and foreign employment cases. You can get one at the same sites used by other employees, or
Since they are located in the US and that is where all agreements were signed, you can sue them in Texas where they are located.