Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Boss docked my pay check $300. because i did extra work with

Customer Question
one other employee who did...
boss docked my pay check $300. because i did extra work with one other employee who did not get docked I then got fired
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i dont have money for a lawyer
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you want to know
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: he says i am a private contracter but i am not. he makes me spend my won money and does not reemburs me he shorted me$1100. last year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
5/19/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Do you believe you are an employee or a contractor?
You should contact your state unemployment office or wage commission and file a complaint for unpaid wages. That is your cheapest route as hiring an attorney might be cost prohibitive.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer