How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Boss docked my pay check $300. because i did extra work with

Customer Question

boss docked my pay check $300. because i did extra work with one other employee who did not get docked I then got fired
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i dont have money for a lawyer
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you want to know
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: he says i am a private contracter but i am not. he makes me spend my won money and does not reemburs me he shorted me$1100. last year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Do you believe you are an employee or a contractor?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You should contact your state unemployment office or wage commission and file a complaint for unpaid wages. That is your cheapest route as hiring an attorney might be cost prohibitive.