How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12921
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: I work

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I work in a small office and my boss is animated bigot and says the N word all the time and cusses
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: is it considered a hostile workplace when your boss is an admitted bigot and says the N word all the time and cusses all the time and those other derogatory comments about his clients
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: it makes me extremely uncomfortable
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Yes, what you describe constitutes an unlawful hostile work environment. An individual in your circumstance can seek damages for the emotional distress suffered as a result of being subjected to such a work environment. The first step would be a complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court with the assistance of an attorney. It is important to also note that filing an EEOC complaint is a form of legally protected activity. This means your employer will be legally prohibited from retaliating against you, and any adverse employment action which you can link to the filing of your complaint with give rise to an entirely separate legal claim for damages. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem my boss is an attorney
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. However, that does not change anything. If anything, it makes your boss's behavior even more outlandish and reprehensible since he knows that what he is doing is actionable. But attorneys do not have any sort of special protection under the law. A hostile work environment is a hostile work environment regardless of who they are. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.