How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hrpro37 Your Own Question
hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 119
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
hrpro37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get intrest on over due last paycheck?

Customer Question

can I get intrest on over due last paycheck?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, If you are due a final paycheck and haven't received it you can file a claim with the department of labor or sue your former employer in small claims court. If you choose to sue them you can include interest in your claim but there is no guarantee you will obtain any additional payment for interest. I hope you receive your final check sooN!Thanks,Amber (Please don't forget to rate me!)