Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

We are in the process of trying to find an employment lawyer

Customer Question
to handle my case at...
We are in the process of trying to find an employment lawyer to handle my case at work. I have until tomorrow morning to agree to a settlement agreement which I am totally against as they have botched how they have handled my complaint. I am going to pursue a wrongful termination case against my employer but need to know if it is better if I let them terminate me or tell them I am resigning for medical reasons which I was on FMLA for. Please advise?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
5/19/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.I would consider an EEOC complaint tonight.If you can claim discrimination and claim a protected class here say age, race, sex. then do it.It is better to let them terminate you and file retaliation here and file a second EEOC complaint. This gives you multiple counts in a wrongful termination suit.EEOC will also investigate and its findings may also help here. File here https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm f you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect the aggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge. Employment lawyer here to sue them Washington King County Bar Association LRSSeattle, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: King, PierceMeets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral Attorney Referral ServiceBremerton, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Kitsap Lewis County Bar Legal Aid / LRSChehalis, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Lewis Snohomish County Bar AssociationEverett, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Snohomish, Whatcom, Skagit, Island, King Southwest Washington Lawyer Referral ServiceVancouver, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania, Wahkiakum; Oregon: Lewis, Multnomah Tacoma-Pierce County Bar AssociationTacoma, WA Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Pierce I truly wish you the best here.I am so sorry they have done this to you.Please don't give up here you have remedies in the courts and EEOC.
Ray, Employment lawyer