How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19202
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been with my company years. Im in charge of 12

Customer Question

I have been with my company for 21 years. Im in charge of 12 employees. A year and a half ago I changed jobs and went to another line, I work 12 hours on a 322 schedule. During the course of the year everyone is new, including myself to the line, the turn over has been huge. My supervisor has blamed me for everyone leaving the line, i feel was unjustified comment. I have had many challenges since taking over the line. Here is just a few: start-up, cleans, trying to train new hires, maintenance support quit, I really feel I have been treated unfairly, what can I do beside quit myself. I go to work everyday sick to my stomach.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. This is a very difficult situation in employment law, because in most situations there is nothing you can do. Unless you can allege that the basis for your treatment is race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent medical leave use, no external laws make this sort of harassing behavior illegal. We would then have to look to the specific employer. Do you have a contract of employment stating you can only be terminated for cause? Are you in a union? In those situations, you have some recourse under a breach of contract situation, but only if you are terminated without cause. You could then sue based on the contract or collective bargaining agreement through the union. Without a contract or union agreement though, the employer's actions here are only illegal (and therefore, addressable) if you can prove discriminatory motivation based on one of the factors I mentioned earlier. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.