Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

CAn my California employer force me to be on call 24/7/365

Customer Question

CAn my California employer force me to be on call 24/7/365 including paid vacation days?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Here is the law on this issue: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/CallBackAndStandbyTime.pdf

If you are suffered or permitted to work, than yes you should be paid for that time.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer the question that was asked. So, your service was horrible. It was a straight forward question with nothing mentioning pay yet your answer centered on pay. Furthermore, I backed out of this process before submitting payment because the website forced me to submit the question 4 times and it was quite boring to not have software in 2016 work properly.