How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116828
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 65 and have been employed With this company 20

Customer Question

I am 65 and have been employed With this company for over 20 yrs.About 9 months ago I was given a position described as a prom. My boss at that time said she really anted e to ak the job. So I did. I am an acct exec for large chains.i was given 5 chains, min training and started to feel comfortable about 2 months ago. The stress was extreme during that time. In March the co. Let 4 people go, did a realignment and gave me 5 additional chains. The workload,travel and demand causing me anxiety beyond anything I have ever experienced in the workplace.i had hoped to work until full retirement bu don't think I can make it. D I have any rights other than t quit which financially is difficult? Can I take a LOA to figure this out? What f any are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, employment in CA is still considered to be at will. AS such, you have to do the work the employer requires of you for the pay they offered. AS long as they are not doing this to you based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, you have no recourse here against the employer and you simply have to do your job.
If you have a doctor who is willing to say that you are suffering physical symptoms from job related stress then you can file a workers compensation claim and go out of work for job related stress. That is really your only other option you have here besides looking for a new job.