Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I received a written letter from the Human Resource Department

Customer Question

I received a written letter from the Human Resource Department of a company which outline my employment start date for May 15, 2016 along with my yearly salary and benefits. I spoke with the General Manager of the company yesterday to confirm my start date and was informed by the GM that he was unable to employ me because his staff is now full. Do I have a legal argument or have my employment rights been violated.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Unless the offer letter you received contained a guarantee that you would be employed for a set period of time, your employment would be considered "at will." As an at will employee, you can be terminated at any time for virtually any reason, or even for no reason at all. So, just as your employer could terminate you in your first hour on the job they can simply withdraw their employment offer to accomplish the same thing. Thus, I'm afraid to say that no legal claims would typically arise from the facts you have described. What happened is highly unfortunate and something that was really handled poorly on the part of the employer, but no a violation of any employment laws. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.