Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Our company placed an employee on paid admin leave

Customer Question
for allegations of abuse; the...
Our company placed an employee on paid admin leave for allegations of abuse; the employee is requesting FMLA now for a pacemaker that was put in the day after she was put on leave. The abuse investigation came back this morning as a recommendation for her not to work with the individuals so the company wants to terminate. Do we move forward with the FMLA or can we terminate?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
5/12/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
It would be prudent to hold off on terminating as the employee may allege disability discrimination although you have a legitimate business reason to terminate. Perhaps wait until she returns and document each and every incident of bad performance but do not treat her any different than any other employee. That would be better circumstances to terminate this employee. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer