How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41585
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband filed an EEOC complaint against his current company

Customer Question

My husband filed an EEOC complaint against his current company for discrimination (my husband is African American). He has not been paid correctly for months and was promised health benefits within 90 days of employment, which he has yet to receive (90 days was 2 months ago). When my husband reported it to his HR rep, hit HR rep told him that he needed to stop being a dead beat dad and then referred to him as a "porch monkey". When my husband filed a complaint with the HR Manager, he then replied "I'll look into it". A few days have gone by and surprisingly, the HR rep admitted to speaking to my husband that way. THe company has yet to apologize and is telling my husband that he will receive the money he is owed in 2 weeks. My husband decided to put in his 2 weeks notice. Even though we've reported this to the EEOC, do we need a lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Yes you have right here to sue for discrimination and all that he has been through.He may have damages due him here , if he wants to sue make sure he doesn't sign any release if they offer severance. This is horrible that somebody would say this and management did nothing.Thats the real key here they failed to act quickly to remedy this matter and take personnel action against his person.I can understand why he is leaving. I hope he will sue here, you might find employment lawyer to take this contingent fee. Employment lawyers I wish the both of you the best as he moves on and pursues a suit I hope here.

Related Employment Law Questions