How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20225
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a teacher and have been having some issues with our administration

Customer Question

I'm a teacher and have been having some issues with our administration not supporting me as a teacher. I feel like it is a race issue as they normally do not hire black teachers. I'm constantly being brought into the office to discuss things that I do when other teachers do those same thing. My coworkers even express that this feels like a race issue as my mentor teacher and I do the samethings in the class room. What are my options about this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,hThank you for the information and your question. Although you can file a complaint through your HR, based solely on the information you provided, there would not be any actionable claim that you could file with the Texas Civil Rights Division or the EEOC or file suit for. I say that because in order to have a legal claim for discrimination there must be an adverse employment action. Thusfar, based on what you shared there has been no action, such as a demotion, termination, etc. In addition, in order to pursue a claim for hostile work environment harassment the harassing behavior must be "severe and pervasive." That is a very high standard and not met by what you described. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed with HR or the school district, but at this point, you haven't described a violation that is actionable. Certainly, if the behavior gets worse and meets the standards I described, of if you are retaliated against because you file a complaint, then you might consider taking your complaint to the TWC's CRD. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: you.