How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 42235
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been claiming unemployment and a half months in

Customer Question

I've been claiming unemployment for two and a half months in the state of NJ.
I've just been hired by USPS (united states postal service) and completed my first week of paid training. My question is, i won't be receiving a pay check till the 20 of this month.
Can i file a claim for this week? as i won't be getting paid till the 20th
thank you for any guidance you can give me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You would need to report the job.You will report zero wages and when you get a check report those.You have to report it here , you don't want over payments and fraud issues here.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Reference f you return to full-time work during the weeks you are claiming, you must notify the agency when you claim the weeks using the telephone or the Internet. When you notify the agency by using either method, you will be instructed to answer questions regarding your return to full-time work such as: The specific date you returned to full-time workThe gross wages you earnedThe amount of whole hours you workedIf you choose to use the Internet to notify the agency of your return to full-time work, you will also need to provide the employer's name, address and phone number. Here you have to report it now even if you don't get paid for a few days here.They can claim fraud and over payment if you do not do so and you don't want that problem.You may get a check here anyway for the last period since you have no wages. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.