How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116701
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am employed than 4 years now, then recently a new

Customer Question

i am employed for more than 4 years now, then recently a new guy was hired and started the problems, meddling with my work , provoking me , spreading unnecessary comments and chalenged me to fist figths. I reported it to the supervisor and HR , that was couple of months and followed it up with HR people, but to no avail. Then last monday, i again was ridiculed and challenged, and i just lost all my patience and accosted him , while in the washroom and kicked the door. There was no physical contact , then the following day , he reported it to the HR and i was suspended. i do not know until now of what's going on, i called the HR and they said they are investigating. The other guy was not suspended. I don't know what to do next.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years. I have a few questions that I need to ask so that I can give you more specific information:What state are you in?Are you in a private or public company?Did you put any reports to your supervisor in writing?Did you make any threats?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
il, private company, no report in writing with the supervisor but the HR took notes. no threats
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
You need to establish in writing all that the other worker has done to you. You indicated that HR took notes. You should ask for a copy of those notes. You will also want to write a formal complaint against the other work indicating all the dates and times you have complained to your supervisor about the other employees behavior. You want to establish in your written complaint that you reported the other worker that nothing changed in the worker's behavior after you reported it. Demand to know what actions were taken by your employer to address the behavior of the other worker. Establish in your letter your good work history over the 4 years you have been there.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
You should also ask for your employee rights manual. In that manual there should be a procedure for investigating complaints.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
Is there a union you are a member of there?
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
They should be protecting you against the behavior of the other worker. You need to put all that you complained about in writing to them.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
Last Monday did this worker challenge you to a fist fight again? If so, you may want to go to court and try to get a protection order against him.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks a lot, the info that you gave me were a common knowledge. i'm sorry but i was looking for more, if i have to pay more i can not do that. even the initial payment is not worth the info , which is just basic .
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to pay. No worries.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
You don't pay unless you are satisfied.
Expert:  gradycolleen replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out and see if another expert can think of something else for you.
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 1 year ago.
You should put your position and argument in writing to employer and challenge your suspension.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Was this person doing this to you only based on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?
Does the employer have a workplace violence policy? Is that what you were suspended under?