How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118171
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked Law office manager days. He called the

Customer Question

I worked for a Law office manager for 16 days. He called the staffing company who then called me to say that my services were no longer needed. I have yet to be paid by the law office manager for the days and hours I worked there!
What recourse do I have? He does not respond to emails or calls, nor does he answer voicemail concerning this lack of payment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have not been paid by the next regularly scheduled pay day, then they are in violation of the wage act and your next step is contacting your state department of labor wage and hour division or the US department of labor wage and hour division and filing a wage claim. You are entitled to seek your wages plus an amount equal to those wages for liquidated damages for them failing to pay wages when due and possibly triple the wages due plus attorney's fees if you can prove their failure to pay was willful and malicious.
So you need to file your complaint with the wage and hour division and get them to assist and pursue your wages due.