Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I worked Law office manager days. He called the

Customer Question

I worked for a Law office manager for 16 days. He called the staffing company who then called me to say that my services were no longer needed. I have yet to be paid by the law office manager for the days and hours I worked there!
What recourse do I have? He does not respond to emails or calls, nor does he answer voicemail concerning this lack of payment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have not been paid by the next regularly scheduled pay day, then they are in violation of the wage act and your next step is contacting your state department of labor wage and hour division or the US department of labor wage and hour division and filing a wage claim. You are entitled to seek your wages plus an amount equal to those wages for liquidated damages for them failing to pay wages when due and possibly triple the wages due plus attorney's fees if you can prove their failure to pay was willful and malicious.
So you need to file your complaint with the wage and hour division and get them to assist and pursue your wages due.