How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The company I have worked at past 9 years asked

Customer Question

The company I have worked at for the past 9 years asked me to sign a separation agreement and then open an LLC so I would continue as a contract employee doing the same work. I am in a senior position and 66 (in April ). Is this fair. Can I refuse to do this and remain as a employee. The company is based in India and incorporated here in the USA. Also Ford Motor holds a 20% stake since 2002.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Are you part of a union, or do you have an employment contract in place currently?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my follow up question to your issue?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
I see you have not responded in some time. Do you wish to continue with this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I have found a local barrister to work with on this situation. Thanks