How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 39027
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don't want to break the law and not report his earnings,

Customer Question

I don't want to break the law and not report his earnings, but I do want him to continue working for me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist. Salespersons who work on commissions frequently have reimbursable employee expenses related to their efforts to attracting and maintaining customers (e.g., meals, entertainment, travel, mileage, etc.). These expense reimbursements are not taxable income, as long as the employee substantiates the expenses with receipts and descriptions of the circumstances under which the expenses were incurred.Perhaps you can supplement the employee's income by paying more of these expenses. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!