How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 13757
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently fired from my job, the employer wants me to

Customer Question

I was recently fired from my job, the employer wants me to sign a Preservation of Trade Secerts & Other Confidental Information form, so I don't turn him in for possible violations (tax & contractual). I'm not going to sign it. Can the business still come after me ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of employment.

If you did not sign a confidentiality agreement, he/she/it is out of luck. If there was such an agreement, they could attempt to get an injunction and sue you for any damages they incurred as a result of your breach, but in the absence of an agreement, they can't keep you from talking.

Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Was there anything else I could answer for you regarding this matter, or was there anything you needed me to clarify?