How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5571
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I resigned my job of 23 years in 1997. I have called my

Customer Question

I resigned my job of 23 years in 1997. I have called my former employer twice since that time. I was told each time I callled, I had an open workmens comp case pending. I do not remember any details about it. Can I still collect for this case after these many years since they told me it was still open?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This case is regarding back injury due to the nature of my work, I just don't know what dates, or other details of this case.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
This is a strange set of facts, but in theory as long as a WC claim is open it can be collected upon...I just have no idea why the carrier would have left it open this long without paying on it or contesting it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Phone calls are a premium service. If you'd like a phone call please accept the premium service offer I just submitted. Alternatively, you may continue the chat here. Thanks.

Related Employment Law Questions