How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you motion to strike the court of appeals something in

Customer Question

can you motion to strike the court of appeals something in that was in the record in the district court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Typically that is not possible since it is already part of the record on appeal and also not necessary as the appellate court can decide for itself whether the item you wish to strike is relevant, material and/or admissible evidence which is not unfairly prejudicial. That said, what is the substance/content that you wish to strike from the record
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the defendant's submitted fraudulent documents to attempt to block summary judgment, since the district court dismiss the case it didn't rule upon the motion to strike those documents since it was moot. now the matter is in court of appeals where I would ask for summary judgment and was going to motion to strike the defendants fraudulent documents.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
1. on what grounds did the court dismiss your case?2. what type of case is it?3. what claims did you make? When it goes to the appellate court, things work differently. You want those documents all in the record on appeal and you want to show the appeal court how and why they are fraudulent and that the trial court ABUSED ITS DISCRETION in denying your motion for summary judgment. Of course, you will also have to show that the court abused its discretion in granting the motion to dismiss. See page 8 here for help with this.