How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the director of a small 501c3 charity that operates a

Customer Question

I am the director of a small 501c3 charity that operates a clinic in rural Haiti. We want to terminate the manager of the clinic. We have been very fair to this person, we comply withal the requirements for hours, vacation and holidays. We pay a wage of $475.00 per month for 4 (8hr) days per week.
We absolutely have cause. This persons allowed the stealing of 6monthsof food designated for the nutrition program; deliberately plotted to cover it up; lied to us about it; allowed expired drugs to be strewn all over the clinic grounds which could have resulted in illness or death for a child-- many who play there daily. We are now being told that we have to give her two months notice and pay a month following to terminate. Can you give me guidance on Haitian Termination law?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Termination for cause does not require that much notice to the employee but it does require notice to the Department of Labour, see sections 42 and 43 of​ you will have to click View All then click 91. You can find local attorneys there listed at I hope this information is helpful.