How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 42293
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have returned to work from FMLA and put on light duty. When

Customer Question

I have returned to work from FMLA and put on light duty. When i returned, my days off which are Fri and Sat have bern changed to Sun and Mon. Also, my doctor filled out the paperwork for a special lumbar chair. The chair was not ordered and i used the one available and in alot of pain.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you. Unfortunately the employer here is allowed to change your days off.This is not covered by federal or Texas state law. File complaint here about the failure to accommodate.. If you are filing a complaint of violation of the ADA, send it in writing to the EEOC. Complaints of violation of the Rehabilitation Act should be sent to the U.S. Department of Labor. Your state and local government may also have anti-discrimination legislation. To file an ADA complaint electronically:Online Complaint Form (en Español)Instructions for submitting attachments are on the form.To file an ADA complaint by mail:US Department of Justice950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NWCivil Rights DivisionDisability Rights Section – 1425 NYAVWashington, D.C. 20530 You can do this electronically on line or by mail.They have denied you reasonable accommodation here.You have right to file complaint.Sorry about the change in days off here, they can do that, cannot deny you a chair if you have sought this as reasonable event. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Reference to days off..