Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am in a School Psychology training program. Original dates

Customer Question
,I am in a School...
,I am in a School Psychology training program. Original dates of enrollment Sept 2014 to May 2107. In June 2015, my (now-ex) boyfriend filed a false police report and had me arrested. Due to open charges on my CORI, I had to take a leave of absence for one year. This has pushed my date of graduation back until May 2018, costing me to lose an entire years salary. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/29/2016
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. You have an option here, but it is not really based in employment law. Under the employment laws, there was nothing illegal about the open case causing you to have to go on a leave of absence. All the licensing committees, educators and/or employers here are in no way in the wrong. Lost wages would be a damage that you'd have to recover from your ex-boyfriend based on the concept of defamation of character. He made a false report against you which caused you financial harm. So you have to sue him in state court under a personal injury concept. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer