How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19168
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a School Psychology training program. Original dates

Customer Question

,I am in a School Psychology training program. Original dates of enrollment Sept 2014 to May 2107. In June 2015, my (now-ex) boyfriend filed a false police report and had me arrested. Due to open charges on my CORI, I had to take a leave of absence for one year. This has pushed my date of graduation back until May 2018, costing me to lose an entire years salary. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. You have an option here, but it is not really based in employment law. Under the employment laws, there was nothing illegal about the open case causing you to have to go on a leave of absence. All the licensing committees, educators and/or employers here are in no way in the wrong. Lost wages would be a damage that you'd have to recover from your ex-boyfriend based on the concept of defamation of character. He made a false report against you which caused you financial harm. So you have to sue him in state court under a personal injury concept. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.