Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My company has never had an HR department, I just got hired

Customer Question
on to start my own...
My company has never had an HR department, I just got hired on to start my own HR of the business. Where do I begin.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am beginning as a HR Manager at a company that never has had HR before. I need to begin with the employee files, but we never kept any. So now 25 employees need a file. How should I go about this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/28/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what specifically can I answer for you about this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am beginning as a HR Manager at a company that never has had HR before. I need to begin with the employee files, but we never kept any. So now 25 employees need a file. How should I go about this
you want w-2 for each employee, any contracts signed re: employment, any hiring documents, any reprimands, promotions and other write ups.
You can begin these fresh and start collecting information as needed as well, with salary information, benefits, communications.
Kindly rate me positively.
Infolawyer, Lawyer