Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Employment

Customer Question
Employment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/28/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What exactly can I answer for you in regards ***** *****? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is:
Is it acceptable for an employer to require different payroll deduction amounts to enroll in the employer sponsored medical plan for Commissioned Sales (commission only) and salaried employees. Both are paid on a W2 basis.Thank you
Sandy McKee
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Various research programs I use refer to hourly/salaried and union/non union, but I find no reference to commission vs. salary.
I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...
Employment Lawyer: RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer
Hello Sandy and thank you for being a loyal subscriber. Unfortunately, I see no legal barrier to this practice. The basis rule is there must be uniform rates for similarly situated employees, and there is a difference between salary and commission. Hope this helps.
You've had some time to review my answer, and I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question and keeps your payment unless you request a refund because the website charged you the full value of your question at the time an answer was provided. Thanks.
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer