How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19675
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint with the EEOC on July 17, 2014. It was

Customer Question

I filed a complaint with the EEOC on July 17, 2014. It was investigated and closed out because the investigator felt that the company was not wrong. At the present, the company is confirming that my filed claims are true and are willing to negotiate. I would like for the EEOC to open my case up once again so I can have a sit down with the attorney's to resolve the matter before filing suit in court. What do you recommend?
JA: OK. The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: That is why I am contacting the EEOC again. My attorney had my case since November 17, 2014 and did not investigate any of my claims. Now that the process is in negotiations, or rather the company offered me a settlement of 5,000. I refused it because that is not a substantial amount of money for me to get my life back in order after being wrongfully terminated two years ago. My attorney did not care about the facts in my case or my hardships. She sent an email recently stating she withdrew from my case while negotiations were being handled.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: That should cover the basis of me concerns for the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
EEEOC cannot reopen your case so that you can negotiate with your employer. You can negotiate with your employer without EEOC's involvement and if the company continues to make an unreasonable offer, your only option at this point is to file lawsuit against the company. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.