How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had 18yrs invested in a company. Feb5 1975 i started. The

Customer Question

I had 18yrs invested in a company. Feb5 1975 i started. The company changed over insurance just 17 1985 . I was pregnant with my son at the time. In order for my pregnancy to be covered i had to leave on July 16 under the old insurance. Now they saying that was the last information they can find on me . They do not see me coming back after i had my son . They are offering me a lump sum amount but it would only be for those 10 years Not 18 yrs because they have no paper work after that date. So i only have to April 29 to provide proof of the other 8 yrs . I'm asking them to extend that deadline because i have to try and gather information from almost 31 yrs ago. I can have social security do a search but that would take i was told at least 60 days or better at a cost of 136.00 . They want guarantee me a lump sum then . Even the social security office said i'll take to much of a lost if i do monthly payments because i'm on ssi from a kidney transplant. I thought about this one desk that's buried in my garage that i'm going to go through today . If i don't find anything i will loose 8 yrs of my pension that i can't afford to loose and i believe they playing this against me , is there anything I can do? Loretta ******* 414_445_0310 home phone, e_mail***@******.***.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There are only a few places the records would exist if you cannot find them in your personal records, the Social Security Administration is only one of them. Your state unemployment office would have records on any payments they received under your name from your employer. Also, the IRS would have records from your taxes to show your employer.
If the records are not in one of those places, the very last ditch effort is checking the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (
Those would be the only places to find proof of your employment.