Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I injured myself at my job. I reported to Occupational Health

Customer Question

I injured myself at my job. I reported to Occupational Health who stated I could work with the restriction of raising my ankle a few times a shift. My manager refused to accommodate the restriction and I was told to take a LOA. Because the injury occurred at my second job I was told to file IMLA. This permits for absences without it counting against me. I am waiting for my PCP to complete the paperwork. I was scheduled to work two twelve hours shifts. I arrived to work and was told I called in. I spoke with the nursing supervisor who told me she received an email from my manager to send me home until I have been LOA approved. I showed up to work my scheduled days only to be sent home. IMLA requires attendance regardless of approval status. Other employees have injuries and their restrictions are being accommodated.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I understand what you are stating, but you didn't list a specific question? What information are you seeking? Have you filed notice of injury and claim for workers compensation benefits with the employer at which you were injured?