Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

How can a employee file a greviance to get s final checkwith

Customer Question
how can a employee file...
how can a employee file a greviance to get his final checkwith the labor board
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. Since the State of Louisiana does not have a government division that enforces wage and hour laws, an employee must go through the Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. DOL to file a claim for unpaid wages. Their contact information is below and you can also find more information about what you will need to file your complaint by going to the following link: http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/howtofilecomplaint.htm

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. Thank you

U.S. Department of Labor
ESA Wage & Hour Division
New Orleans District Office
*****br />Room 13028
New Orleans, LA 70113
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 22nd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer