Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I sustained an injury on the job in February. I am being treated

Customer Question
by a Worker's Comp designated...
I sustained an injury on the job in February. I am being treated by a Worker's Comp designated Dr. I am receiving workers comp. I have had an MRI, and preliminary results are that I sustained a sprain to a ligament in my arm. I am/was on work restrictions. I tripped and fell over a what I believe is an out of code handicap ramp on the premises. (Property is owned by a bank.) My employer completely took me off of my job as a processor. My duties of my job were not modified. I wasn't given a new job, just required to come in. I received a disciplinary notice yesterday for not meeting productivity expectations when they had nothing for me to do and they removed me off of the job. I have the entire trail of documents as we primarily work with email. I was fired today after being told to stay home. (I was called a Rockstar previous to my being injured. I have proof.) I was also disciplined for inappropriately requesting a raise prior to my being on workers comp. I never had any problems prior to being injured.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
John, Employment Lawyer
You should consult with a local lawyer. You have a very strong case for workers compensation retaliation which would entitle you to significant damages.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.
John, Employment Lawyer