Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

On 4/6 4 black employees were fired on the same day that

Customer Question
Hello on 4/6 4 black...
Hello on 4/6 4 black employees were fired on the same day that all worked at the same location. We all feel as though we were targeted & terminated bc of our race. Managers called our store the black store. There are only 15 black people that worked in sales in upstate ny out of 250 & half of them workes at our one store. A manager known to be racist based on hr complaints against her was sent to work at our location. After the 1st day she launched an investigation that conveinantly led to 4 blacks being fired & 2 more black being fired pending return from fmla. The reports findings had more than just these people on it but they only fired the black people. This manager was also over heard saying yo yo yo no more of them at the store. Hr came in & investigated the racial complaints against her from both black & white employees who are willing to give statements & have given statements already to hr. She was only written up & moved to a different store.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If these employees were fired for no reason other than their race, then you need to get a complaint filed with the EEOC, because what you are claiming is a pattern and practice of systemic discrimination based on race and the EEOC has to investigate and grant you a right to sue letter.
The fact that black employees are fired for the same exact offenses as white employees would be good evidence in your favor in your case with the EEOC.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney